On Tuesday we hosted a visit from the Continuous Improvement Office at The University of Lincoln. I love meeting up with fellow practitioners to share experience and best practice. There were a lot of similarities which helped us bond:
- we both use a five day rapid improvement event model for our projects.
- we are both delivering a mix of project work and training.
- we’ve worked on some similar projects.
- we are working to ensure that our approach embeds continuous improvement and not one off change.
- we focus on process rather than IT solutions.
I was pleased that we spent the day sharing experiences about engaging our project teams, engaging academics and getting stakeholder buy-in rather than comparing tools or specific project outcomes. It was a delight to speak to people who understand that a one-size fits all approach is not appropriate and depends on the specific process problems and the specific culture of the team/ business unit/department.
We were very impressed with the work that has been undertaken at Lincoln and look forward to visiting them in the New Year.