Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Wonderful Winchester


Tammi Sinha - exploring the challenges in Higher Ed
Today (Tuesday), I had the pleasure of visiting The University of Winchester. In the morning I attended the Lean HE Steering Group meeting. The main item on the agenda was hearing about the preparations for our annual conference http://www.stir.ac.uk/lean2016/ This year the conference is hosted by The University Stirling. I confess that I like to plan and keep lists, so I was incredibly impressed by the level of organisation the representatives from Stirling displayed – Gantt charts and checklists aplenty!



In the afternoon, Tammi Sinha ran a workshop exploring the topic of “Embedding a Lean Culture in Higher Education”. There was an interesting mix of staff from local universities (and further afield) and we spent the afternoon taking part in a succession of creative and stimulating activities that helped us to unpick challenges within the sector, our own lean journeys, a lean maturity model, approaches to changes management and ultimately how we would group all of these key issues and ideas into creating a dashboard for our institutions. People were actively engaged in the activities and there were was a sufficient range of tasks to meet delegates    different needs and interests.


As well as catching up with colleagues and meeting new people which ensures that sector good practice is shared, I particularly welcome the fact that I’ve come away from the event inspired about new possibilities. My next step will be to prioritise the ideas and share them with my PIU colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment